Masala roasted chicken is a popular Pakistani savory meal made with marinated chicken in a ginger-garlic sauce. This dish is ideal for any family gathering or special occasion. Though it appears to be a lot of work, this dish is well worth the effort.
- 1 whole chicken
- 20g green chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp grated raw papaya
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup curd
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How To Marinade
- Wash and pat the chicken dry.
- Make several slits.
- Apply salt and lemon juice all over the chicken.
- Grind green chilies with the ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir in the curd and add the ground spices.
- Grind the papaya and add.
- Add the chili powder, then pour in the olive oil and mix.
- Generously apply the marinade over the chicken and inside the slits.
- Place into the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken onto a tray and slide it into a 200°C oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
- Serve with onion rings and wedges of lime.
Also Check These Recipes: