Essentially, Nargis kebabs are Desi scotch eggs. If you’re not familiar with them, a scotch egg is a cooked egg that has been coated in spicy minced meat. The outcome is a flavorful crust with a tender egg on the inside. The creamy filled centerpiece is undoubtedly pretty excellent, despite the fact that it is an appetizer.
- 1 kg minced meat (of your choice)
- 2 onions, cut into large pieces
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 Eggs, boiled
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Fry until they are light brown then add yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, soy sauce and vinegar into the mix.
- Cook for around eight minutes.
- Add half a cup of water and cook until the meat is tender and the water has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, place the mince into a food processor and grind until it is a smooth paste.
- Mix the coriander, mint, green chilies and chaat masala for the filling. Add about two tablespoons of the mince.
- Coat the boiled eggs in the filling. Meanwhile, wet your palm with a little water and place the mince in the center of your palm to shape into a ball then flatten it.
- Place the egg in the middle and fold over the sides.
- Mix the coating ingredients together in a bowl and place the kebabs in them.
- Gently add the kebabs in a frying pan and shallow fry until they are golden.
- When finished, drain on kitchen paper and serve.
Also Check These Recipes: